Have you been looking for just the right organization where you can volunteer your time and energy? If so, take a look at the reasons to volunteer with FRIENDS OUTSIDE IN SONOMA COUNTY; then, check out our volunteer opportunities.
See something you like? Give us a call for more information!
WHAT ARE SOME REASONS TO VOLUNTEER WITH FRIENDS OUTSIDE IN SONOMA COUNTY?
- Improve life for your fellow community members
- Learn about difficulties and challenges faced by families impacted by incarceration
- Use your special talents and skills to reach a marginalized group in our society
- Work in an organization that has a first-rate reputation in the community
- Work on a team with dedicated staff, board members and other volunteers
- Boost your professional and personal skills
If you are looking for a new challenge while giving back to your community, you may find exactly what you are looking for by filling one of several special volunteer roles that helps assure the continued success of FRIENDS OUTSIDE IN SONOMA COUNTY!
Here is a list of some volunteer opportunities available — each of which is equally essential in sustaining the health of our organization. Take a look at the list to get an idea of what each job requires. This will help you decide which of these opportunities interests you.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT PERSON, DROP-IN CENTER,
Provide services and support to families and individuals seeking assistance in the Drop-In Center. Besides managing front desk responsibilities, work on tasks such as the greeting card project. Based on interest and performance, take on other tasks, such as respond to complex inmate requests, enter data on Excel, use the Internet for research, and create documents on Ms. Word. Previous customer service experience is a plus in this position.
Work directly with Executive Director and/or Board of Directors. Roll up your sleeves and dive into our various grant-writing and other fund development activities: develop fund-development strategies, implement fund-development activities, research potential funders, gather statistics and pertinent proposal information, secure testimonials, and write proposals.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ABOVE POSITIONS
- You are comfortable working in a criminal justice environment
- You show empathy and positive regard for others
- You are resourceful and conscientious
- You have excellent critical thinking skills
- You are at least 18 years old and you are preferably 21 years old or older
- You have no criminal or serious driving offenses on record in the last 2-5 years
- You have excellent English language communication skills
- Spanish-English language communication skills are a plus
ANOTHER ESSENTIAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
MEMBER, BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Are you well-connected in the community? Are you good at networking? Do you enjoy accessing resources and putting them to good use? Can you see yourself spearheading fund-raising events? Or, maybe being an advisor related to your area of interest or industry? Bring your organizational and business skills and talents to the Board level. Become a FRIENDS OUTSIDE IN SONOMA COUNTY Board Member!
We are able to deliver services to our community's special population only because we have extraordinary volunteers. Thank you!
Call us at 707-526-7318
to learn more about our volunteer opportunities.
We look forward to your call!
"Let each of us leave the community in which we live a better place
for the effort we put in as caretakers."
- Rosemary Goodenough -