An inmate housed in the Sonoma County Adult Detention Facilities may complete a request form to ask us for services that include the following:
Information, Referrals, Applications & Other Forms
- Provide court & other agency contacts & information
- Provide informational booklets, applications, & other forms
- Provide information about drug & alcohol treatment & related programs, community resources available upon release, & community assistance programs for inmates’ families
- Make referrals to community agencies & programs, when possible
Linkages With Family & Community
- Find telephone numbers & addresses of relatives, programs, attorneys, etc.
- Make necessary phone calls to relatives, programs, attorneys, etc.
- Locate pets & property & find out how to retrieve pets & property impounded or left unattended at time of arrest
Provide the following:
- Greeting cards & calendars
- Books from the Human Kindness Foundation
- Assistance with ordering books
- Reading glasses, eyeglasses cases, & minor repairs of reading glasses
- Bus tickets
- Clothing vouchers
Financial & Legal Services
- Take inmate’s check to inmate to sign
- Cash inmate’s check & distribute money per inmate’s request
- Purchase & mail money order for inmate
- Provide financial information, such as, account access
- Take legal documents to inmates to sign
- Notarize documents for inmates
- Provide legal assistance agency information & referrals
Inmate Services Testimonials
"I would like to extend my appreciation and gratitude for the services you provide. In a place and situation where one feels helpless and hopeless, it is good to know that we have a friend outside . . . that I can actually get a pair of reading glasses to help pass the time and help keep me out of trouble. Thank you."
"You guys have always been a great help and I appreciate everything you have done for me so far. Without your help I could not get some of my problems resolved. Thanx."
"You helped us get our car out of impound, otherwise our limited welfare resources would have been eaten up instead of us being able to feed our kids. Thank you so much!"
"With the help of Friends Outside I was able to see that the only way to change my situation is to make the choices for myself that no one is going to be responsible for me. I have to make that choice for myself."
"Thank you sooo much for your assistance-I was penniless and without shoes to get anywhere when I was released and Friends Outside helped me with homeless shelter information, transportation assistance and access to phone and clothing. Thank you, you are life-savers."