DROP IN CENTER
Services Available to Inmates' Families & Other Visitors & Callers
Visitors & callers may request our services, including the following, in our Drop-In Center located in the lobby of the Main Adult Detention Facility:
- Deliver documents to inmates to be notarized or that require Proof of Service
- Take checks or documents to inmates to sign
- Cash inmates’ checks
- Provide information & assistance regarding visiting rules, correctional facility procedures & related information
- Provide community resource information & referrals
- Forward critical messages from visitors & callers to inmates
- Offer reading glasses & glasses cases to purchase for inmates
- Arrange book purchases for inmates
- Provide clothes & shoes to visitors to pass jail security
- Provide reading books & coloring books for visitors’ children while waiting in lobby
Drop-In Center Testimonials
"Thank you so much for helping me in my recent situation concerning my husband and the medical attention he needed to receive. You kept me informed and my mind at ease when everybody said they couldn't help me. Your generosity and kindness were very much appreciated. Thank you so much for your help."
"By getting my husband's check signed, I can pay our rent and not lose our home."
"You provided a great service for our family! Sending mail can take up to two weeks and I cannot accept collect calls! So getting an urgent message to my sister meant so much to me and even more to her! So, thank you."
"Thanks for helping me get the signature I needed to care for my grandchild while her parents are in jail."
"You have been a great resource and help to me and our family over these past few weeks-your concern and dedication to my needs and that of my incarcerated husband have been a blessing. I don't think we could've made it without you. Thanks so much."